Sunday, January 1, 2012

About this Photojournal

At the beginning of this year (2012), I decided to do something creative every day.  Either take a picture, do a sketch, make a piece of jewelry, etc.  This... may have been an ambitious goal.  However, it quickly morphed into a project that I have grown to very much so enjoy.

I walk from my car to my building where I work at Stanford University fairly early at least 3 times a week.  This means that I get to take some really fun photos on those days.  I also take photos on other days of the week, and I must admit that they might get thrown into the mix if I particularly enjoy them.  I only had one big requirement for these photos.

Everything about them is from my iPhone.

I take them with the iPhone and if I chose to edit them, that too must be done from the iPhone.  If I take photos while camping, etc, those can by with my DSLR, but any photos in this photojournal must be from my iPhone.

It is an interesting project.  I have really grown to enjoy those early morning walks to my building on Stanford campus.  It gets me in the right, creative frame of mind to start my day.  And I get some really, really strange looks from other passersby.  And, most importantly, I feel like it has really pushed me to grow as a photographer.  To look at the less likely angles and really push the photo.  And take lots of pictures of flowers... I seem to love flowers. And dew.  I just can't pass up a nice dewdrop...

I start off slow with the photos, and then I pick up speed as my love of this short walk to my office really grows.  I hope you enjoy my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment